Merrill & Ring logging camp in present day Valleycliffe.
Then & Now
Corner of Westway & Maple, Valleycliffe. In 1927, Ed Aldridge captured the Merrill & Ring logging company main camp in what we now know as Valleycliffe. When digging for the foundations for the current general store building along Westway Ave chunks of steam boiler were found. That was the location of the locomotive shop on the left of the old photo (Courtesy of Trevor Mills).